1/04/2007

New Titles For The Blog...

Witness The Hero...Coming up with a new title is way more difficult that I originally assumed. "Interesting Times" is unoriginal and I'm already sick of it so I want something new that will last a while. The problem is, for me, it's a lot like a tattoo: I don't want to change it again, whatever title I eventually settle upon is what I want to live with for a long time. I tried to think in terms of what I might be happy with 10 years from now. Please let me know what you think. All these have potential (in no particular order):

  • Pulling Your Leg (Less is more. I might go for this one.)
  • Gruntosaurus Rex (My possible fave. Google doesn't return anything of substance, and it sort of fits into that sophomoric humor space I love so...)
  • Unspecial Needs (Obviously, a play on "special needs". Not sure if it'll be perceived as too assholish...)
  • Seeds Of Injection (Almost tossed this one in the "maybe" pile)
  • Emetic Passings (Vomit references are kewl)
  • Sucking IpeCac (I like this one too. Kinda dirty, but not really...)
  • Things That Would (Simple. Elegant. It's a possibility)
  • I Live In The Woulds (A play on my old title. It's just kinda, idunno... gay?)
  • Leaving Lawngeilnd (Say it fast. This has potential but is it too difficult to "get"?)
Ladies and Gentlemen: Prez!!Some maybes and maybe-nots:
  • Awkward Pause (Surprisingly, a Google Search turned up no blogs with this name. There is, however, an awkwardpauses.blogspot, which is close enough.)
  • Kiss The Chocolate Starfish (Too obviously filthy. Lacks sublety, even for me...)
  • What Would Homer Do? (Too Simpsons)
  • What Would Satan Do? (It's been done. But I still like it.)
  • Short Bus Trips (Not sure if I want to be perceived as a tard hater)
Putting giant sequoias in their placeSome other titles I like but probably won't use:
  • Bears Do What In The Vatican? (Too religious)
  • Religion Is Stoopid (Too one note and anti-religious)
  • What Would GG Do? (I love GG Allin. But I don't want his name attached to my blog)
  • The Evil That Men Poo (I love this title. It's just a tad more scatalogical than I was going for)
  • Hairy Legs and Pits (Two things I never really liked on women. Why would I want to remind myself of this all the time?)
  • Yechhy Thoughts (Implies that I only have filthy thoughts. Even if it's true, I don't want people presuming what I'm always going to write about.)
  • Treasure Trails (A wonderful thing on a lady. Just a little too stupid/suggestive)
  • Thongs Of Endearment (Too stupid. Although I do love thongs. On women, that is...)
  • Jeffy And Dolly Git It On (Too Family Circus, but the filthiness implied by this is way cool)
  • Grunt Biscuits And Tea (Doodie jokes are funny. That's a funny title.)
Please tell which of these is your favorite! Thanks!

3 comments:

Bunche (pop culture ronin) said...

I cast a vote for "Gruntosaurus Rex." Sounds like the king od doody, sorta like youse.

John Bligh said...

So far...

"Gruntosaurus Rex": 2 votes
"I Live In The Woulds": 1 Vote
"Pulling Your Leg": 1 Vote

Anonymous said...

Shari Lynn suggests either, "Food Goes In Here" or "My Cat's Breath Smells Like Cat Food". I already voted for "Gruntasaurus Rex" and would like to underscore my choice for this brilliant sobriquet!